Monday, April 8, 2013

Who...am I?

Look at me
Now tell me what you see
Be honest
You see the colour of my skin?
Or what I'm wearing perhaps
Or what I own, drive
Where I live
What I have
What YOU see I have

Or perhaps you detect
Comfort, an ease of being
Safety,
A lack of lack
A lack of pain,
A lack of strain.

Look again.
Really look
Do you see openness?
Willingness,
Perhaps a generosity
Of spirit
Can you see a hint of guilt too
But wait,
What about sincerity
industriousness
Friendliness
Sharingness

What would you have me
Be, do, say
Would that make it
Better
Lesser
Should I be lesser
Give, take
Take again
Take some more
Is that better

I am connected
eternally Sourced
But
There are limits
Even for me
I am also
custodian
For the Great Custodian
Of bounties
Freely bestowed

I touch
The Source
And I am
Just as in awe
Of favours
Revealed
Delighted, joyous
Sometimes
Delirious

Then which of
My Favours
Will ye deny
my favours
your favours too
If
you would
just
Connect

I free
I fly
I shake, rattle
disrupt, delight
clever
caustic, sharp
obsess, upset
confuse
beset with doubt
worry, denial
Shattered.

Emerge
peace with regret
embrace follows accept
sadness, relief
courage then new belief
Vigour, fervour
return
I collect my
Spirit
I am done.

Look at me
Now
What do you see
You
Me

No comments: